Veal cheeks with vanilla and vegetable couscous recipe
- Wash the vegetables and dice them. Cook over a low heat using half the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Season the meat and brown in the remaining Olive Oil over a high heat.
- Once browned, remove from the pan, add the brandy to the olive oil and flambé. Next, add the sweet red wine and the red wine.
- Leave the alcohol to reduce before adding the vanilla pod. Mix in the cooked vegetables.
- Lightly fry the mixture and then add the stock and enough water to cover the meat.
- Leave to cook on a low heat until the cheeks are tender. Remove the meat from the stock and set aside to cool. Cut into cubes.
- Remove the vanilla pod; it will be used later for decoration. Blend the stock and the vegetables in a blender and leave to simmer.
- Add the cheek cubes to the sauce and bring to a light boil.
- For the garnish, add salt to the water and bring to the boil. Then pour over the couscous. Stir well so that the couscous absorbs the water.
- Place the veal cheek in the middle of the plate, add the sauce and surround it with the couscous. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
For this recipe, we recommend Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil because its aroma of fresh herbs and hint of bitterness go well with the strong flavours of the meat. But everyone brings their own personal touch to the kitchen, so experiment by using your preferred Olive Oil from Spain.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy…