- In 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, sauté the corn, garlic, shallots, and poblano peppers in a cast iron pan until the poblano peppers and corn are slightly charred. Add in the cumin and paprika and bloom the spices for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the couscous and stir until lightly toasted.
- Add in the tomato juice and water and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and steam for five minutes more.
- Fold in the herbs, juice of one lemon, tomatoes (reserving the seeds for the vinaigrette), olives, and drained red onion.
- Make the vinaigrette: Toast the pine nuts until golden. Add in salt, pepper, the tomato seeds, the rest of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and juice from the second lemon. Whisk until well incorporated.
- To serve, toss couscous with desired amount of dressing and plate the roasted lemon chicken on top. Garnish with additional fresh herbs.
If you liked this recipe, you’re bound to love the following suggestions: