We have all heard of the famous New York bagels which are known to be the best in the world. The truth behind why they’re so delicious has never truly been unveiled, though many speculate it is the water. However, the first step to discovering the truth is to make one yourself. This delicious bagel recipe is made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Topping your bagels with this “liquid gold” may just be the secret to getting a bagel as tasty as the famous New York bagels. Try it yourself and decide if Olive Oils from Spain is the best kept secret to making the tastiest bagels.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. If the dough is stiff, add a bit of extra water.
- Place the dough on a flat surface and knead it for 15 minutes or until the dough has a uniform texture throughout.
- Divide the dough into eight balls of more or less the same size. You can do this with your hands or using glasses to cut the correct size. Let the dough sit for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
- Roll each ball of dough into a long rope. Wrap the dough around your hand so the ends touch to form a bagel shape.
- Press the ends together.
- Let the dough sit for another 20 minutes. Meanwhile, boil a pot of water.
- Stick the bagels in the boiling water for a few seconds. Leave it to dry.
- Brush Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain on top of each bagel and bake for 30 minutes, turning the bagels as soon as one side turns golden brown so they don’t burn.
- Wait 15 to 20 minutes for the bagels to cool. Enjoy!
Discover other recipes with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain: