Citrusy sardine salad recipe
For the salad:
- Grate the peel of the grapefruits, limes and lemons. Clean and debone the sardine fillets. Sprinkle some of the zest onto the sardines and mix the rest of the zest with the sugar and the coarse salt.
- Once the dressing is well mixed, pour over the sardines and leave to marinate for around six hours.
- Wash the marinated sardines carefully with water to remove any traces of salt or sugar.
- Roll them up and set aside.
For the citrus vinaigrette:
- Mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a bowl with the citrus juice, a tablespoon of honey and some diced orange and grapefruit.
- Add a few fresh rosemary leaves.
For this recipe we recommend Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain because its intensely fruity aroma complement the sharpness of the citrus vinaigrette and the marinated sardines. But everyone brings their own personal touch to the kitchen, so experiment by using your preferred Olive Oil from Sp
- Arrange the frisée lettuce, some diced orange, grapefruit and lime on a plate. Top with the rolled sardine fillets and drizzle over the citrus vinaigrette.
We recommend you serve this recipe with Saffron and Cornicabra Olive Oil ice cream
which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain