Pineapple coulis with white chocolate cake and hot berries recipe
For the hot berries:
Heat a teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a frying pan and sauté the berries for about 2 minutes. When cooked, remove the berries from the heat and set aside.
For the white chocolate sponge cake:
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar until they triple in size. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Add the melted white chocolate icing, the sifted flour and baking soda a little at a time.
- Put some parchment paper on a baking tray, spread the mixture evenly to cover the sheet and bake in the oven at 180º C for about 7 minutes.
For the pineapple coulis:
- Peel the pineapples, blend in a blender and then strain.
- Cut the sponge cake into rectangular-shaped pieces, place them in a dish and soak them with a glug of kirsch.
- Top with the hot berries.
- Lastly, pour over the pineapple coulis and drizzle golden drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain over the top to add favour and make it look pretty.
We recommend you serve this recipe with Marc Murphy’s Salmon Tartar which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain.