Hello, I`m Shellie Froidevaux from http://ironchefshellie.com, I’m a food stylist, photographer, graphic designer, and cook. I’m devoted to food, experienced in creativity, a lover of travel and obsessed with collecting styling props. I’m always on the look out for something new, something that might spark inspiration for my next Project.
Now to try the recipe!
- 5 eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 150g caster sugar
- 7 tbs coconut milk
- 5 tbs extra virgin Olive Oil from Spain
- 5 tbs blood orange juice
- 1 tbs blood orange zest
- 150g self raising flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 eggwhite
- 1/2 -1 tsp blood orange juice
- Rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven at 160°C fan forced/180°C regular.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer till soft peaks. Add sugar one tablespoon at a time a beat thoroughly after each addition till you achieve stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg yolks with caster sugar till fluffy. Add coconut milk, extra virgin Olive Oil from Spain, blood orange juice, blood orange zest and self raising flour and whisk until combined. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture 2-3 batches.
- Pour into a 22cm chiffon cake tin (do not use non-stick and do not grease). Bake 25 mins at 160°C fan forced or 30 mins at 180°C, or till skewer comes out clean.
- When cake is out of the oven, immediately invert the cake still in the tin, and place on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- To make the icing, lightly whisk eggwhite and blood orange juice together in a bowl. Gradually add icing sugar, whisking until smooth and combined.
- Drip the icing over the top of the cake and decorate with rosemary sprigs.
Written by Shellie Froidevaux from http://ironchefshellie.com.