Meat pie with olive oil recipe
- Finely dice the onion and green pepper and fry them in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain until golden.
- Add the meat and cook until it is lightly browned. Don't let it get too dark: it'll just taste bad. So keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Season to taste and add a few leaves of fresh oregano and some grated nutmeg.
- Mix the flour in a bowl with the stock cube, the Worcestershire sauce, the vegemite and 4 tablespoons of water. Stir well and add to the meat mixture.
- Cook until the liquid has reduced and then set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Roll out the pastry, line an oven dish with it and fill it with the mince mixture.
- Cover it with another layer of pastry and brush it with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
We wanted to introduce you to this traditional recipe made with a product that has been used for thousands of years… Olive Oil from Spain. Learn more about the history of our liquid gold here!: