Santiago Cake recipe - Olive oil and almond cake, citrus cream, cherries, sea salt
- Mix sugar and almond flour.
- Whip eggs, lemon zest, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and work until smooth. Fold in the chopped Marcona almonds.
- Grease a tart mold with olive oil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Until golden and the center is moist but set.
- Serve with a dollop of chantilly cream, cherries dressed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
Source: Seamus Mullen, as presented at the 2018 Olive Oil World Tour campaign. Published with permission of the author. All rights reserved.