Cod tartare with escalivada recipe (roasted vegetables)
For the salad:
- Chop the cod into small cubes.
- Coat the peppers with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, and roast them.
- Once roasted, cover with cling film so that they are easier to peel. Leave to cook, then peel and cut into thin strips.
- Boil the potatoes and mash with a fork. Drizzle with a little olive oil, then add the chopped chives and salt.
- Chop the hard-boiled egg and dice the red onion.
- Mix the cod with the boiled egg and the onion, add a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a dash of lemon juice, a few drops of Tabasco and some salt.
For the olive vinaigrette:
In a bowl, mix the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the black olive paste and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a mould, spoon the mashed potatoes onto the plate.
- Add the peppers in layers and by colour and dress with some vinaigrette.
- Finish by placing the cod tartare on top.
- Garnish with some black olive tapenade, the olive vinaigrette and some calendula petals.
We recommend you serve this recipe with Ham and cheese omelette roll which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain.