Mango pickle recipe
- Soak the raw mangoes in cold water overnight. Drain the water in the morning and let them dry completely in the sun.
- Once dried, chop the dried mangoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Add 1 tsp salt and all the turmeric powder and chili flakes.
- Mix thoroughly and let it rest in a cool place for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, dry roast 1 tsp each of mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, onion and fennel seeds till they start giving out a pleasant aroma.
- Allow them to cool and then grind coarsely.
- Rub the spice mixture thoroughly onto the mango pieces and pour it into a dry jar or bottle.
- Top with 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Keep in the sun for about 12 days, stirring it every day.
This easy mango pickle goes well with meals, paratha, dosa, etc.