Vegetable and rice stuffed pumpkin recipe
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC/450ºF/gas 8.
- Cut the lid off the pumpkin and reserve it.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and keep them to one side.
- Finely chop this pumpkin flesh and one of the garlic cloves.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Pour in a splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, then add the chopped pumpkin, chopped garlic, onion, olives, and rosemary.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the pumpkin has softened.
- Season the cooked pumpkin mixture and stir in the cooked rice.
- Spoon the rice mixture into pumpkin half, then place its lid back on. Rub the skin with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, wrap it up in the foil and bake in the oven for about an hour.
- Remove from oven, top mixture with a dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and shredded manchego.
We wanted to introduce you to this traditional recipe made with a product that has been used for thousands of years… Olive Oils from Spain. Learn more about the history of our liquid gold here!: