Boxing Day turkey pie with Olive Oils from Spain recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Place the chopped onion, leek and garlic in a large pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, and sauté for a few minutes until golden.
- Add the corn and then the turkey. Since the turkey has already been cooked, it doesn’t need to be in the pan as long.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir.
- Add the thyme and ginger. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until the mixture begins to thicken. If it becomes too thick, add the white wine.
- Spoon the mixture into a dish and cover with the puff pastry dough.
- Beat the egg with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and brush over the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
Now you have an easy recipe to enjoy what’s left of your Christmas turkey. Do you know any other recipes to make use of festive leftovers?