Tomato jam, goats cheese and pepper confit on toast recipe
For the tomato jam:
- Boil some water and blanch the tomatoes for a few seconds.
- Peel, deseed and quarter the tomatoes.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook all the ingredients over a low heat for about 1 hour, stirring often with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat and leave to one side. For the toast:
- Wash the pepper and cut into thin slices, julienne style.
- Add a pinch of salt and sauté over a medium heat with a drop of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Set to one side.
- Cut the bread into thin slices, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, add a little pepper and toast it.
- Cut the cheese into slices using a narrow knife moistened with water so it doesn't stick to the cheese.
- For the toasts, spread some tomato jam onto the bread, place a slice of cheese on top and cover with a slice of pepper.
- Warm in the oven before serving.
Did you know that you can use Olive Oils from Spain outside the kitchen too? Learn how here!