Suscribe to our Newsletter
Suscribe, If you wish to receive more information of Olive Oils from Spain
Cauliflower Gratin with Low-Calorie Béchamel recipe
1. Separate the cauliflower into florets and boil them in the milk with half the water, a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
2. Meanwhile, start preparing the courgette béchamel.
3. Put 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and leek over low heat, making sure they don’t burn, which would affect the color of the béchamel sauce.
3. Add the peeled, chopped courgette and sauté for five minutes.
4. Next, add the water, milk, pepper and nutmeg to taste and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Blend with a hand-held blender and add the cheeses to make a creamy béchamel sauce. Season to taste and set aside.
6. In a casserole dish, arrange the cauliflower florets. Pour the low-calorie béchamel sauce over the top with the grated low-calorie cheese. Put the dish in the oven at 180ºC, until the cheese bubbles and turns golden.
And there you have it, the perfect side dish to round off a great evening meal.
We recommend you serve this recipe with Beetroot gazpacho with mango vinaigrette which is also made using Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.