Olive Oils flavored ice-cream recipe
- Start by beating the yolks with the sugar until it has completely dissolved and the mixture turns pale.
- Put the milk in a saucepan and add the sugar and egg-yolk mix.
- Add the grated zest of one large orange.
- Cook over a low heat until the mixture starts to thicken. It is important that it does not come to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, syrup and honey.
- Blend thoroughly with a whisk until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and chill. Once chilled, put it in the freezer for 6 hours.
- Important: if you want a really creamy ice cream, take it out of the freezer every hour and mix firmly to break up the ice crystals.
- In a small bowl, mix Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, orange liqueur and honey.
- Add a drizzle of this delicious syrup to your ice-cream and there you have it!
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy…