Mapu tofu recipe
- Cut the tofu into approximately 1 inch dice and boil them in lightly salted water to make it tenderer. Set aside.
- Put the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain in a casserole, heat it and then add the minced meat, cooking until lightly browned.
- Add the fermented chili paste.
- When the oil turns slightly red, add the black fermented beans and Sichuan chilies powder.
- Add the stock and, when it is hot, the tofu, mixing carefully so as not to break it up.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce and salt (if needed). Boil for about 5 more minutes.
- Mix the potato starch and water thoroughly and add it to the casserole.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.
Presentation of the dish:
- Serve in a soup bowl with the Chinese chives and Sichuan pepper on top
We wanted to introduce you this traditional recipe prepared with a millennial product, our liquid gold. Discover the history of the Olive Oils from Spain