Chicken with Hainan rice recipe
For the chicken:
- Heat the water with the other ingredients in a large casserole for about 10 minutes after it comes to the boil. It is important to make sure the casserole is big enough for the chicken.
- Put the chicken in the stock and leave on the heat for another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cover the casserole and remove from heat.
- Leave the casserole off the heat for an hour. The chicken will cook slowly and will be very juicy. After one hour the internal temperature of the chicken should be between 140 to 150 °F.
- Remove a breast (with its bones) and a thigh. Cool the rest of the chicken and save it for another meal.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Keep at room temperature.
For the rice:
- Wash the rice: cover with water, mix well using your hand and when the water is milky, drain the water and throw it out. Repeat this operation two more times.
- Strain the rice and let it drain for at least half an hour to dry well.
- Sauté the finely chopped garlic and ginger in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- When lightly browned, add the rice and sauté for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the liquid with which the chicken was cooked and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender (check the product label).
For the sauce:
- Grind the ginger, garlic, and chili in a mortar; add the lime juice and soy sauce. Set aside.
Presentation of the dish:
- Use a small bowl as a mold: put the rice in it and press down on it, turn it out onto a plate.
- Place the chicken on the rice and, on top of that, a few coriander leaves.
- Serve the sauce in a small bowl.
We suggest you finish the meal with a sweet dessert good for the digestion, like this frozen yogurt with mint and extra virgin olive oils from Spain.