It’s holidays season! With all the stress related to preparing meals around the holidays, you shouldn’t neglect your friends and family. Stumped on what to serve your guests? Here are three delicious appetizers with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain that are quick and easy to prepare, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time celebrating!
Toast topped with creamy goat cheese and minced herbs
Who can resist crunchy toast topped with goat cheese? Mix 1 package of goat cheese (1 roll) with 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and, voilà – an irresistible cheese ready to spread! Top with fresh herbs and another splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Serve over toast with a pinch of salt!
Hummus with Cornicabra extra virgin olive oil
Our hummus will give your party the exotic touch it needs. It’s tasty, healthy, and will surprise your guests! Here’s how to make it:
- Crush 14 ounces of cooked chick peas.
- Mix with 2 tablespoons of tahini and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Put the mix in a deep dish or bowl.
- Mix everything with a spoon until it has a uniform texture.
- Mince a bit of cilantro and sprinkle it on top of the hummus with the paprika and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
For this recipe, we recommend the Cornicabra variety of olive oil, because of its fruity notes and velvety texture. But if you don’t have this type in your kitchen, don’t worry, you can choose from over 200 varieties to find the one you like best!
Roasted pears with cinnamon, olive oil and candied walnuts
When you have guests, it’s always nice to end the night with something sweet – and healthy if it is made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain! We love the taste of roasted pears with a dash of cinnamon and lemon. Want to learn how we make this dish?
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, cinnamon and lemon.
- Add sliced pears (we recommend half a pear per guest).
- Mix until the pears are coated and put them in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
- Serve them alongside our delicious ice cream with olive oil and top with candied walnuts. A burst of flavor!
These recipes aren’t just full of flavor, they are also healthy and won’t make you feel guilty like many other holiday meals. The best part is they can all be prepared 1-2 days in advance! We can’t wait to find out what your guests think of these sweet and salty treats. Happy and tasty holidays!