Winter has come along with the cold weather, which means it is time for warm and hearty dishes. And now that a new year is starting, there is no better way than with new recipes, time to spice up your everyday meals and adapt them to the season.
Moreover, winter is the perfect season for hot recipes and hearty dishes, regardless of whether they consist of soups, creams, or stews. The important thing is that they serve to combat the cold and comfort us, increasing our body temperature. During this winter season, we can have some recipes using chicken, meats, legumes, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil from Spain, or other quality ingredients to have a perfect menu for the whole family and your winter evenings.
Here we will show you three recipes that are perfect to prepare for this sweater weather and give some warmth to your heart and stomach:
Meatballs with beef and caramelized onions
500 g minced beef
3 Tablespoons caramelized onion
2 Tablespoons breadcrumbs
50 ml milk
Salt and pepper
600 ml tomato sauce
15 Basil leaves
A few sprigs of fresh parsley
Extra virgin olive oil from Spain
Wheat flour for the meatballs
- Put the minced meat, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs, egg, milk, and chopped parsley. Mix with a fork.
- Once integrated, add the caramelized onion, and mix well, forming the meatballs with your hands, making small balls of the desired size, and dredging them in flour.
- In a pan with plenty of Spanish extra virgin olive oil, fry the meatballs until golden brown. After browning, transfer them to a casserole dish.
- To prepare the sauce, chop the basil leaves and reserve a couple for decoration.
- Place the tomato sauce and add the basil over low heat for ten minutes, allowing it to cook and reduce.
- Add the sauce over the meatballs.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes, covered.
- Turn the meatballs and turn off the heat. Let stand for five minutes covered. And they are ready for you to enjoy!
Lentils in paprika sauce
1 Garlic clove
4 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil from Spain
1 Teaspoon of paprika
1 Sprig of parsley
350 g lentils
1 Bay leaf
Salt and pepper
- Wash and chop the leek. In a pan with half of the extra virgin olive oil from Spain, place and sauté the leek until it becomes transparent.
- Wash and slice the carrot, and then add the sautéed vegetables, including the garlic and bay leaf.
- Add the lentils, salt, and pepper, and cover with water. Then, cook for 50 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is over, clean and chop another carrot, tomato, and onion.
- Add the left of the Spanish extra virgin olive oil to a frying pan with the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Before the lentils are cooked, add the vegetables from the previous step.
- Finely wash and chop parsley and add it.
Oven-roasted chicken with potatoes
250 ml of white wine
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil from Spain
1 Teaspoon paprika
1 Teaspoon oregano
1 Bunch of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
1 Chicken of 1.75 kg
- Wash the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and stuff with the herbs and lemon.
- Peel and cut the potatoes and onions. Then place it on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and aromatize with the herbs.
- Mix the extra virgin olive oil from Spain with the paprika, spread on the chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Add the white wine to the potatoes.
- Bake the chicken and potatoes at 320ºF for one hour and thirty minutes with the breasts down. Turn the chicken after 45 minutes and continue at 356ºF. Increase the temperature to 392ºF for the last 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and potatoes, which are now ready for plating.
Carry out these recipes in the warmth of your home and fill yourself with warmth this season, do not forget that you can find many more recipes with extra virgin olive oil from Spain in our blog and complete your daily menus!