It was right there that the inspiration came to us for this amazing Bloody Mary that we’re suggesting today for after the Christmas lunch or New Year’s Eve dinner. Its powerful vodka, sweet tomato juice, piquant horseradish and the smooth texture and aroma imbued by Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain make this a star cocktail that will be the shining light of your Christmas festivities.
It’s very easy to make a really good Bloody Mary once you remember these two key tips:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
- Only add the tomato juice right at the end of preparation.
Make a note of how we do it and be sure not to miss a trick. Then fill your glasses with this ruby of a drink and raise them in a toast to a happy and prosperous 2018!
- 2 pints tomato juice
- ½ cup vodka
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice from 2 fresh horseradish roots
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Squeeze the lime and put the horseradish roots through a juicer to extract the juice.
- Put a few ice cubes in a blender and add all the other ingredients except the tomato juice. Blend for a few seconds.
- One of the great secrets of this Bloody Mary is the aroma and smoothness brought by Olive Oil from Spain. This makes the intensity of the vodka silkier while the spices and lime add their unmistakable flavour.
- The second tip for making your Bloody Mary absolutely perfect is to add the tomato juice at the last minute. Add it now, and check the seasoning. Pulse for 2 seconds and pour into the cocktail shaker over plenty of ice.
- Give the cocktail shaker a good shaking and serve in tall glasses.
- Decorate with slices of radish, raspberries, lime, celery leaves or olives.
Ready to drink – a fantastic Bloody Mary for savouring and enjoying with your loved ones on one of the most magical nights of the year. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas!
Did you know that apart from looking after your insides, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain can also care for your outside too!?