The holiday season is synonymous with joy, festivities, and, of course, indulgent food. Elevate your Christmas gatherings with these delectable appetizers that not only showcase the versatility of Spanish olive oil but also promise to be the star of your festive spread. From vibrant flavors to elegant presentations, these appetizers are sure to delight your guests and set the perfect tone for a memorable celebration.
Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Tapenade Toast
Start your Christmas celebration on a flavorful note with these Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Tapenade Toasts. This appetizer boasts a harmonious blend of sweet roasted red peppers, earthy walnuts, and the subtle richness of Spanish extra virgin olive oil, all piled onto crisp bread for the perfect bite.
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread, sliced and toasted
- In a food processor, combine roasted red peppers, toasted walnuts, minced garlic, and fresh parsley. Pulse the mixture until finely chopped.
- With the processor running, drizzle in Spanish extra virgin olive oil until the tapenade reaches your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the tapenade onto toasted baguette slices.
- Arrange on a serving platter and serve immediately for a burst of Mediterranean-inspired flavors.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach and Pinenuts
Impress your guests with these elegant Stuffed Mushrooms featuring a delightful combination of spinach, pine nuts, and the richness of Spanish olive oil. These bite-sized wonders are not only visually appealing but also a tantalizing blend of textures and flavors, making them a perfect addition to your Christmas appetizer spread.
- 20 large mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- In a skillet, heat Spanish olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped spinach, toasted pine nuts, and minced garlic. Cook until the spinach wilts.
- Season the mixture with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in cream cheese until well combined.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve these flavorful stuffed mushrooms as an elegant appetizer for your Christmas festivities.