With 2017 behind us, you surely have lots of new hopes, plans and goals for the New Year. You have 12 months to meet all the challenges you’ve set yourself. Just be careful not to fall into the “I’ll start tomorrow” trap!
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Do you want to quit smoking, surf the Gold Coast or spend more time with your family? Or maybe you’re a cook and would like to know more about the culinary world? Perhaps your goal this year is to make the perfect carrot cake. No matter what your New Year’s resolution is, this year you’re going to do it!
Despite a rel=»nofollow»study, carried out by Richard Wiseman, which found that 88% of resolutions are abandoned, don’t give up! You are so much more than a statistic. We are going to give you six tricks to help you be part of that small group of people who do stick to their resolutions:
- Create a list of goals: Divide your resolution into small realistic, well-defined goals. It’s much easier if you start with whichever part is simplest.
- Step by step: Concentrate on one habit at a time to avoid becoming overwhelmed. For example, start by eating more vegetables at mealtime.
- Schedules and routines: Establish fixed schedules and specific routines for the short term. For example, exercise for 10 minutes right after you wake up for 2 weeks.
- Make a pledge: Commit yourself to the process of change and arm yourself with the tools necessary to complete it.
- Share your goals: Find buddies who also want to achieve similar goals and form a small support group to help you in moments of weakness.
- How much time will it take? According to the study “How are habits formed”, it only takes 66 days* on average to form a habit and be able to stick to it for years to come. After this, move on to your next objective and continue on until you have achieved all of them.
It’s interesting to know that many people’s wishes and desires hardly change from year to year, as TIME magazine pointed out a couple of years ago with a list of the most common New Year’s resolutions
Resolutions are usually related with dieting, living a healthier lifestyle and beauty. If you share any of these resolutions for 2018, you’re in luck because these are our priorities too.
That’s why Olive Oils from Spain wants to give you a hand. How to be happier with Olive Oil, how to make an authentic Spanish potato omelette and how to make bagels that are healthier are just some of our helpful posts. In them, you will find everything you need to achieve your goals. Join us in 2018 and let us know what your New Year’s resolutions are!
*The final results of the “How are habits formed” study indicated that subjects best able to automatically organise their neurons and form habits were able to do so in 18 days and those less able in 254 days, leading to an average of 66 days.