Ultimate brownies recipe
- Place chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir until chocolate melts.
- Alternatively melt in the microwave for around 20 seconds. Do not overcook in the microwave.
- Whisk in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. Leave to cool.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until light and pale.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and chocolate mix.
- Gently fold in the flour mix, until all is incorporated.
- Line an 8in / 20cm square non-stick tin with baking parchment and oil lightly.
- Pour in brownie mix and smooth over.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven, Gas 5 / 375F / 180C for 20 - 22 minutes.
- Test with the point of a thin sharp knife - which should come out just clean, but slightly moist.
- Cool then cut into squares.
- Serve sprinkled with sifted icing sugar.
We recommend you serve this recipe with Refreshing watermelon juice which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain.