On 26 December, many families dine on Christmas leftovers. With that in mind, we want to help you get the most out of your leftovers to make a great meal this Boxing Day. How about a turkey pie made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain?
Preparation and cooking time: forty minutes
Ingredients (serves four people):
- 500g leftover turkey (deboned and without skin)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 30g flour
- 50g corn
- 50ml white wine (optional)
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
- Half sheet of puff pastry dough
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Dried thyme, to taste
- Ginger, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Place the chopped onion, leek and garlic in a large pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spainl, and sauté for a few minutes until golden.
- Add the corn and then the turkey. Since the turkey has already been cooked, it doesn’t need to be in the pan as long.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir.
- Add the thyme and ginger. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until the mixture begins to thicken. If it becomes too thick, add the white wine.
- Spoon the mixture into a dish and cover with the puff pastry dough.
- Beat the egg with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and brush over the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
Now you have an easy recipe to enjoy what’s left of your Christmas turkey. Do you know any other recipes to make use of festive leftovers?