Those beach days that last till sunset, and those tours that turn into a complete day spent outside. If you choose simple, innovative, and even healthy meals, here you will find the ideas for a lunch or a picnic on the beach or a swimming pool with friends and family.
Do not forget to keep food refrigerated and avoid exposing extra virgin olive oil from Spain to high temperatures and direct light. Get a good fridge and enjoy a diet as delicious as healthy while at the beach or swimming pool.
Tortilla de patatas or a potato omelet
Simple to prepare, just with eggs and potatoes, or its version with onions. It is delicious even cold, so it is ideal to take it in the lunchbox and enjoy it anywhere. Kids also love it.
Zucchini and brie cheese omelet. Going to the beach is no excuse for not having some vegetables, and the omelet is very juicy and appetizing. This healthy and light recipe will accompany you on many summer days.
- “Countryside” salad. Based on boiled potato, with bell pepper, boiled egg, and tuna, it is a recipe that cannot be missed in summer. It feels wonderful after swimming in the sea. Take a small bottle of extra virgin olive oil from Spain to add on top before consuming for a richer taste.
- Tabouli salad. A typical salad from Lebanon and Syria. This is a dish that can be prepared in just a few minutes and is very refreshing, in fact, it is a very recurrent recipe during the hottest summer months in these regions.
Sandwiches are undoubtedly a common meal when we go to the beach, the pool, or on a picnic. They are quick to prepare, they do not need cutlery, plates, to be heated, etc. Among the thousand variations of sandwiches that we can prepare, it is best to choose the ones that are easier to eat, that do not fall apart, nor lose filling.
- Turkey, omelet, and avocado sandwich for the beach. It is an easy recipe that consists of a loaf of bread, 2 eggs for the omelet, ½ avocado, ham, and seasoning (salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil from Spain).
- Sandwiches with pita bread. Pita bread is ideal for picnic sandwiches since it is empty inside and can be filled like an envelope. This lets us to use more complex fillings, such as veggies or chopped meat, that would otherwise be fallen in the sandwich.
Quiche with salmon and leeks
A very full recipe that is ideal for a casual meal. To prepare it in the morning and take it to the beach. Even those who find fish and vegetables tough to eat will enjoy it.
Snacks for the beach
- Fresh fruits. They are the perfect ally to combat the heat with a plus of very important micronutrients for health, such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. The best choice for the beach is fruit that lasts longer and does not go black, such as melons, watermelons, strawberries, or cherries.
- Gazpacho or salmorejo. These are the most refreshing traditional Spanish recipes for summer. They can be the perfect light dinner, but also a snack that we can take in a little bottle to the beach.
- Nuts and dried fruits. Dried fruits are a perfect snack for several reasons. First of all, they are practical because they can be taken everywhere and do not require refrigeration. In addition, they are a satiating, nutritious and complete food, providing protein, fiber and healthy fats.
Enjoy the day on the beach or at the swimming pool!