Dipping creams and sauces are delicious, light, and simple to make. They will never disappoint us, and their variety is practically limitless. These dishes are frequently served as snacks or appetizers at parties and gatherings. They’re also great as a snack.
Crudités, crackers, and crusty slices of bread are frequently served with these spreads. Vegetables, cheeses, meats, fish, and seafood are just a few examples.
Here we will introduce you to a few dipping recipes that would add color to your table:
Cottage cheese dip with extra virgin olive oil from Spain
This recipe is very easy to prepare with only three ingredients, which are ricotta cheese, olive oil and finely chopped herbs (rosemary and thyme). The preparation method is the following:
- Place the ricotta cheese in the blender and blend for 30 seconds on the lowest speed. This softens the cheese and makes it fluffier.
- Serve in a dip dish.
- Pour in the chopped herbs and mix with a fork.
- Serve with a circle of extra virgin olive oil from Spain and sprinkle with more herbs for garnish.
Avocado and herbs dip
When we talk about avocado, we usually associate it with avocado salads or guacamole sauce but this fruit offers us many possibilities to experiment and this week, looking for a variation, we introduce an «Avocado dip» with lime and mint.
Perfect as an appetizer or for an informal dinner. It is easy and quick to make. We can serve it with toast, pita bread or crudites.
- 4 avocados (about 300 g without skin or stone).
- 2 cloves of garlic and 100/120 grams of spring onion.
- 3 teaspoons fresh mint.
- ½ teaspoon chives and coriander.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Ground black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil from Spain.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone, then scoop out the flesh.
- In a blender, combine the peeled garlic cloves, finely diced onion, washed aromatic herbs, avocado flesh, lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- While adding the EVOO from Spain, blend.
- The final point will be a matter of personal preference (very fine or without excessive grinding). It is ready to dip in with the favorite snacks.
The hummus recipe is one of the simplest dishes that you can prepare and it is so easy and quick, as well as healthy and tasty, that we highly recommend it. You can serve it with bread, raw carrots, corn tortillas or whatever you like.
- A jar of half a kilo of previously cooked chickpeas*.
- A splash of extra virgin olive oil from Spain
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A dash of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- A pinch of sweet paprika
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tahini (optional)
- In the blender cup put the chickpeas together with the peeled garlic cloves, salt and cumin. Blend with the blender.
- Add the lemon juice and the olive oil. Grind it with the blender until you have a mixture that resembles a puree of creamy consistency, if it is too dense add a little water but little, so that it does not become watery.
- The presentation is usually made in bowls, but this depends on the tastes of each one. You can add pine nuts, walnuts, or almonds on top, as they do in Arabic cuisine or a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil from Spain with the spices on top.
Enjoy these simple recipes for dipping sauces that any guest will not forget!