It seems odd that we have taken so long to discover slow cookers, given how swiftly trends change from one location to another. However, as their popularity develops, they will become as widespread in kitchens as microwaves. It’s simple to prepare hot meals in a crockpot and have them ready to serve as soon as you walk through the front door.
Here we will share a few typical Spanish cuisine recipes that are quick and easy to make in a crockpot for one person or for the whole family.
Lentils with vegetables in crockpot
Lentils with vegetables in a crockpot will surprise you with its excellent texture and flavor, it is also a super healthy and balanced dish ideal to eat throughout the year. This recipe can be made with any vegetables, such as carrot, pumpkin and zucchini, and eggplant that also goes very well with lentils.
- 300 gr of lentils
- 1 onion
- 150 gr green bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 piece of pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon of tomato concentrate
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 50 gr extra virgin olive oil from Spain
- Soak the lentils for 8 to 12 hours in water.
- Remove the lentils from the soaking water, rinse them, and drain them.
- Carrots should be peeled and sliced. Remove the skin from the zucchini and cut it into cubes, as well as the skin off the pumpkin. The onion should be quartered, and the bell pepper should be cut into strips.
- Carrot, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, pumpkin, garlic cloves, smashed tomato, extra virgin olive oil from Spain, paprika, salt, and bay leaf should all be added to the saucepan.
- Add the water to cover 2 fingers above the vegetables.
- Cook on low for 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When the time is up, check that the lentils are tender, and if necessary, add more time.
- Remove the bell pepper, onion and garlic cloves and mash together with a little of the cooking water. Pour back into the pot and stir.
Pork ribs in crockpot
Any meat cooked in the crockpot is great, but the pork ribs seem to blossom into a delicious dish that leaves no one unsatisfied. When you try these juicy roast ribs, you’ll see for yourself.
- 2 pork ribs (1 kg)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- Black peppercorns
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil from Spain
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves.
- Place the ribs on a tray and season with freshly ground black pepper on both sides, as well as the sliced garlic. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours, covered with cling film.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the meat and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle to its highest setting. Allow a few drops of extra virgin olive oil from Spain to warm the rosemary sprigs.
- Brush the ribs with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt, and sear for a few minutes on each side, until a little color has developed.
- In the slow cooker, use an extended steamer to keep the meat from touching the bottom.
- Put the meat on top along with the rosemary passed through the griddle.
- Cook for 4 hours on HIGH mode.
Cooking in a crockpot is a great way to save time and still have easy and tasty meals.