A delicious pasta is an easy and versatile recipe to prepare during the week, whether to take to the office, at home, or surprise your loved ones. With the same base, you can make different variations of sauces and give them a different twist. That is why today we bring you 3 recipes for sauces with extra virgin olive oil from Spain.
The quality of the ingredients you use can make all the difference, not only in flavor and texture, but in giving them that unique, fresh touch. Remember that Olive Oils from Spain are the leader in production, distribution, and quality. For instance, they are even the most awarded in the world in international competitions. Dare to discover the difference and use it in these recipes.
Homemade chorizo pasta sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Chili
- 1 Leek
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Rehydrated dried tomatoes
- 800 g Chopped tomato
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 6 oz. Fresh chorizo
- 100 ml White wine
- Dried oregano to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil from Spain
- Optional sugar
- Optional Manchego cheese to taste
- Preheat the oven to 392ºF.
- Chop the onion, garlic cloves, leek, pepper, and seeded chili into squares.
- Place the extra virgin olive oil from Spain in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook over medium heat.
- Incorporate the chopped dried tomato, bay leaf, salt, and tomato. At this stage, you can add sugar if you wish.
- Stir and leave on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and once the alcohol has evaporated, incorporate the oregano.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and purée the sauce.
- Cut the chorizo into pieces, removing the skin. Then, brown in the same pan as the sauce.
- Add pepper and Manchego cheese to taste.
Homemade black pudding and truffle pasta sauce
- 1 Vegetable black pudding
- 1 Truffle
- 1 Glass of red wine
- 20 ml Extra virgin olive oil from Spain
- Prepare the black pudding by removing the skin.
- Add the wine and the black pudding to a blender.
- Blend until incorporated.
- Strain the mixture into a pot.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil from Spain to a frying pan and heat. Then add the truffle, salt to taste, and the black pudding sauce.
- Chop some parsley and add it as a finishing touch.
Homemade morcilla and apple pasta sauce
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Apples
- 1 Spoonful of sugar
- 1 Piece of black pudding
- 100 ml Evaporated milk
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil from Spain
- Place the extra virgin olive oil from Spain in a frying pan and heat.
- Cut the onion into pieces and sauté in the extra virgin olive oil from Spain until transparent.
- Cut the peeled apple into pieces and add to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and allow it to caramelize.
- Add the black pudding and cook.
- Add the evaporated milk and salt to taste.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
Thank you for exploring our collection of pasta sauce recipes made with extra virgin olive oil from Spain. We hope that these pasta sauce recipes have inspired you to try new flavors and ingredients in your cooking. Enjoy!