Warm weather has arrived, and with it, the time to make outdoor plans, breathe a little fresh air, and recharge our Vitamin D levels after the long, cold months of winter. It is the perfect opportunity to get out with your family and friends to have picnics in the country, hike trails and fire up the grill. We have a lot of ideas for preparing healthy and delicious food that you can take with you to any of these places. And don’t forget your bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, to give it the final perfect touch and aroma. Enjoy the warmer days, while taking care of yourself!
During this season of outdoor plans and adventures, you have to be prepared for when hunger strikes. Therefore, we recommend that you take foods with you that will give you all of the energy you need for a long day away from home.
- Fried pumpkin seeds are the perfect appetizer. A light but energizing snack to hold you over until lunch time.
- Need ideas for a healthy, vitamin-filled lunch? Our cucumber and melon soup is perfect to give you the energy you need!
- Replace the energy that your body needs after physical activity with the proper vitamins. Add a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain bread to the cucumber and melon soup, the perfect balance of carbohydrates and antioxidants that your body needs.
- The pasta salad with chicken and bacon will give you the necessary fuel to keep going all day. To enhance the benefits of this dish even more, be creative and add vegetables, nuts and other toppings.
BBQ on the beach
Preparing for a relaxing day of barbecuing on the beach? We have some delicious suggestions:
- If you want something easy to prepare and perfect for a BBQ, try this chili cheeseburger.
- For seasoning, use Romesco sauce, which goes great with any vegetable or meat.
- And for dessert … this orange chocolate flan, yum!
Planning a picnic
How to you plan for a picnic to enjoy at your favorite spot? Bring something quick to prepare and easy to serve.
- Let’s begin with the perfect snack: homemade potato chips.
- We then follow with something that no picnic should be without: a healthy salad with pomegranate and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. A renewed, flavor-filled classic.
- How about whipping up some shrimp aguachile? Add a little color to your picnic, with vitamin E and healthy fats, both nutritious and visually appealing.
- And of course, the classic Spanish potato omelet – always a big hit. Easy to make and to bring with you.
The arrival of warm breezes and sunny days offers the perfect opportunity to catch up with friends and spend a memorable day in the open air, enjoying the weather. We hope that we have provided you with some ideas for how to spend some great days outdoors this spring. And don’t forget to bring your bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain with you.