The start of the school year can give you that extra motivation to refresh your daily routine. But if you’re still suffering from the post-holiday blues, we’ve asked our most optimistic team members to come up with five tips to help ease you back into everyday life with renewed energy.
- Smile every morning. And, if possible, every afternoon and evening. Never let it be forgotten that you need 62 muscles to frown but only 26 to smile.
- Have a leisurely breakfast so you can enjoy the best and most important mealof the day for your nutritional well-being. By the way… one mega-tip is to add two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain to your morning juice to regulate your digestive system.
- Eat well. Stop doing those crash diets that get you nowhere except in a bad mood with your claws out like a caged tiger waiting for a piece of meat. Include more fruit, vegetables and fish in your diet, enhance your dishes with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and be a bit more adventurous with culinary techniques such as griddling, steaming and baking. If you can get creative with that photo-editing app you downloaded recently, then why can’t you get just as creative in the kitchen?
- Do some exercise. Yes, we know… you don’t have the time, you don’t enjoy it, you can’t be bothered because nobody will go with you… blah blah blah. Stop making excuses and take that body of yours out for a walk for at least 20 minutes a day. Get moving to music, whether it’s salsa, pop, rock or reggaetón. Whatever floats your boat.. The important thing is to get moving!
- Embrace a new start. OK, so you’ve just got back from vacation, but we all know that there’s nothing more satisfying than planning your next trip. Having incentives like these help us approach anything with good humour… even the dreaded in-laws!
- Did you know that Olvie OIls are the oils that can withstand the highest cooking temperatures? Learn more about why it is healthier to fry with olive oil here.