Shrimp and octopus ceviche with ginger, lemon and EVOO recipe
- Cook the shrimp in a pot with water, add bay leaf, whole peppercorns and salt when boiling cook for 1 ½ to 2 minutes depends of the thickness. Drop on an ice bath to cool off completely, cut in 4-5 pieces.
- Combine the tomato, red onion and cilantro in a small bowl.
- In a bowl, mix octopus and shrimp, add the tomato & onion mixture, then 2 tablespoon of the sauce, mix well, season if needed and place in the freezer.
- Set a non stick pan on medium to high heat, drizzle the scallop with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and salt wait until the pan is very hot and sear the scallop.
- Remove the ceviche from the freezer place on a deep dish, top with the scallop, a wedge of lime, slices of avocado and a sprig of cilantro, drizzle with the ginger lemon vinaigrette.
- Serve with toasted whole grain bread.
Source: Daniel Olivella, as presented at the 2019 Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives® conference. Published with permission of the author. All rights reserved.