Rice with vegetables recipe
- To make the rice crumbly, rinse it thoroughly several times - until the next drained water becomes clean. Pour it in a saucepan with water (the volume of water is 2 times that of rice), cover and bring to a boil.
- When the water has already begun to boil, reduce the fire to medium and continue to cook rice for at least 20 minutes. You can focus on the state of rice grains (almost ready, slightly hard) or almost complete boil-off of water.
- Brush and finely chop all cooked vegetables, carrots and zucchini can also, as an option, grate on a fine grater. Pour into a deep frying pan the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and heat it over low heat.
- Fry the vegetables in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain: start with onion and garlic, add the carrots and zucchini to the frying pan after 1-2 minutes, then after 3-4 minutes turn the sweet pepper, peas and corn. Continue to fry them for 5 minutes.
- Drain the rests of water from rice and pour it into a frying pan with fried vegetables. Salt, cross the resulting mixture, add all the other spices and crumbled greens and gently mix the rice with the vegetables.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid, reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes, periodically mixing it. After that lay rice with vegetables on a dish, if desired, decorate it with a couple of twigs of greens and serve to the table.
Did you know that you can use Olive Oils from Spain outside the kitchen too? Learn how here!