Rice casserole with spinach, chickpeas and cod recipe
For the aioli:
In a blender, whisk the egg yolks and the garlic cloves. Add salt and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and blend to a smooth consistency.
For the rice with vegetables:
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain into a cooking pot.
- Grind the salt and toasted saffron with a pestle and mortar.
- Lightly fry the ñora and add to the mortar together with the parsley and a garlic clove. Grind before adding the ingredients to the fish stock. Cook for ten minutes and the set aside for later.
- Using the same Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, sauté the other garlic clove and the tomato and, once all the liquids have evaporated, add the spinach and the rice. Fry gently.
- Moisten using the strained fish stock and season to taste. Add the chickpeas.
- Cook over a high heat for ten minutes and then place in the oven to finish. Arrange the strips of cod on top.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy…