Pork loin canario with pickled red onions recipe
For the Pickled Red Onions:
- Bring everything to boil and pour over the onions.
For the Brine:
- Boil everything, dissolve and pour over 8 quarts ice. Once cool enough, add the pork loin and brine overnight.
- Remove the pork from the brine. Pat the pork dry.
- Combine the ingredients for the rub and rub the pork.
- Preheat a 350 °F oven. Place the pork on a roasting pan and cook for 25 minutes. Let rest.
- Slice pork loin and serve over samfaina with pickled onions and drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette.
Source: Daniel Olivella, as presented at the 2019 Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives® conference. Published with permission of the author. All rights reserved.