Orly scallops with a sweet and sour sauce recipe
- Evenly divide the scallops, season and place in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and ginger marinade.
- Prepare the Orly frying batter in a separate bowl. Mix the flour with the baking powder and add water or warm milk. Mix well and leave to rest in a cool place until it rises.
- For the oriental sauce, place the sugar, white wine vinegar, water, soya sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a mid-size pan. Bring to the boil. Stir constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Heat some Olive Oil in a frying pan and, when hot, coat the scallops in the Orly batter and add them to the pan.
- Turn them over while frying and, once golden brown, remove from the oil and blot with kitchen paper.
Discover other uses of Olive Oils from Spain: