Marinated sardines with green beans and a vegetable vinaigrette recipe
For the marinade:
- Clean the sardines and open them out, removing the spine.
- Place them on a tray. Peel and clean one of the oranges and squeeze out the juice. Do the same with the lemon.
- Pour the orange and lemon juice over the sardines, add the white wine, the citrus peels, some salt and pepper and the springs of thyme. Leave to marinate for 24 hours. Then, add a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil so they don't dry out when you drain them.
For the vinaigrette:
- Blanch the carrots, the courgettes and the red peppers in boiling water with some salt for one minute. Drain and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a little salt, the blanched vegetables, the tomato and the chives.
- Thinly slice the green beans and boil them in salted boiling water Drain and leave to cool.
- Mix the green beans with the bean sprouts and season with oil and salt.
- Arrange a small pile of green beans and soybean sprouts on each sardine, roll it up and thread onto a toothpick or skewer.
- Place the sardines on plates and pour the vinaigrette over them.
Do you want to cook the best fried food ever? Learn how here