Creamy black rice with squid and olive oil recipe
- Start by making a light allioli (garlic mayonnaise) sauce. To do this, make a mayonnaise in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of squid ink and a clove of garlic either crushed in a garlic press or chopped very finely. Mix together until completely blended.
- Once the mayonnaise is well blended with the garlic and squid ink, add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain which will give it a unique and amazing gloss.
- Lightly cover the base of a low-sided pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and gently fry the pepper, onion and garlic, all cut into very small cubes.
- When they start to take on a sheen, add the tomato paste and fry everything together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the squid, cut into small chunks, and cook until the colour changes. Season to taste.
- Keep aside some of the tentacles and squid rings to fry in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain so they can be used as a final garnish for this spectacular dish.
- Add the rice and mix together. Pour in the white wine and, once the alcohol has evaporated, add two tablespoons of squid ink and stir.
- Now add the stock little by little and as it evaporates keep on adding more stock until the rice is ‘al dente’. Dissolve the remaining two tablespoons of squid ink in the last cup of stock just before it is ready to be added.
- Test the rice grains to make sure they are ready and then serve with some chopped parsley and the garlic mayonnaise.
We recommend you serve this recipe with Pineapple coulis with white chocolate cake and hot berries which is also made using Olive Oils from Spain.