Ingredients (4 pax )
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. grated sharp white cheddar
- 1/2 c. Manchego cheese
- 1/2 c. cooked bacon pieces
Brussel Sprout Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 150C degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oils from Spain.
- Add shallots and brussel sprouts to the pan and season with salt and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the brussel sprouts and shallots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the bacon. Once the bacon is cooked through, set aside to cool slightly. Chop into bite size pieces.
- Remove the brussel sprouts and shallots from the heat and slowly drizzle with cream, stirring constantly.
- Coat casserole pan with 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and add brussel sprout mixture.
- Top with cheddar, manchego cheese and cooked bacon.
- Bake until the mixture is heated through and the cheese is bubbly, about 12 to 15 minutes.