Basque poached bass and vegetables recipe
- This will require and vacum machine and sous vide water bath.
- Season the fish and place in a vacume bag with half the olive oil and seal for 30 seconds, poach in water at 165ºF for 2 hours, reserve hot.
- In a second bag add the tomatoes,potatoes, garlic, extra virgen olive oil from Spain and a touch of salt. Seal for 30 seconds, poach in 225ºF water for 2 hours.
- Open both bags and remove the liquid into a single stainless steel pot with zest reduce by half. Then add the lemon juice and mount with butter and parsely.
For the presentation of the dish:
- Place the hot vegetables in to a deep soup bowl. Then place the bass on top of the vegetables.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning. Next portion enough sauce over fish and vegetable.
- Serve hot.
As presented at the 2017 Olive Oil Conference, Chicago (Ilinois)