Few things can be more delicious first thing in the morning than the aroma of a freshly-baked cake made with Olive Oil from Spain. And what could be nicer thangetting up on Father’s Day with the kids and secretly making this mouth-watering cake that will bring a big smile to dad’s face?
The kids will be your willing accomplices and will have great fun making the cake.They’ll love getting their hands in the flour, beating the eggs and stirring in the chocolate chips, which no doubt will make their way into their mouths as soon as you turn your back!
This cake has a really incredible texture and flavour. Its sponginessis enhanced by the unique touch of olive oil from Spain, which also makes it highly nutritious, being an excellent antioxidant rich in oleic acid and vitamin E, helping to slow down the ageing of cell membranes, reducing blood pressure and protecting the arteries and the heart. Baking with olive oil from Spain is the best way of ensuring a perfectly soft and succulent sponge cake.
Who can resist sweet bananas, cinnamon, dark chocolate and coconut, filling every mouthful with flavour and making this cake the perfect treat for breakfast on Father’s Day?
When dad wakes up to find his presents and this delicious cake, it’s going to be start of a really great day!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 60 g muscovado sugar
- 150 g flour
- 50g ground macadamia nuts
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil from Spain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Dark chocolate chips
- 285 g white chocolate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC, above and below.
- Beat the eggs with the Olive Oil from Spain, muscovado sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the mixture.
- When evenly mixed in, gradually add the flour,ground macadamia nuts and the coconut, folding in gently. Finally, add the baking powder and cinnamon and mix in.
- Grease the cake tin with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a little flour to help unmould the cake.Pour the mixture into the cake tin and put in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Do not open the oven during this time.
- After 35 minutes, and because every oven is different, check that the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the centre, which should come out dry; if not, leave in the oven for a few more minutes.
- For sure, Dad is already breathing in the delicious aroma of baking cake!
- Finally, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water to serve with the cake.
- And ready to serve to Dad! Here’s hoping you have very happy Father’s Day.