There's nothing more delicious first thing in the morning than the aroma of a freshly-baked cake made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain. And what could be nicer than getting up on Father’s Day with the kids and secretly making this mouth-watering cake that will bring a big smile to dad’s face?
The kids will be your willing accomplices and will have great fun making the cake. They’ll love getting their hands in the flour, beating the eggs and stirring in the chocolate chips, which, no doubt, will make their way into their mouths as soon as your back is turned!
This cake has a really incredible texture and flavour. Its sponginess is enhanced by the unique touch of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, which also makes it highly nutritious,since it is an excellent natural antioxidant, rich in oleic acid and vitamin E, thus helping to slow down the ageing of cell membranes, reduce blood pressure and protect the arteries and the heart. Baking with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain is the best way of ensuring a perfectly soft and succulent sponge cake.
Who can resist sweet bananas, cinnamon, dark chocolate and coconut, filling every mouthful with flavour and making this cake the perfect treat for breakfast on Father’s Day?
When Dad wakes up to find his presents and this delicious cake, it’s going to be start of a really great day!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 60g muscovado sugar
- 150g flour
- 50g ground macadamia nuts
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- dark chocolate chips
- 285g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, top and bottom.
- Beat the eggs with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and the muscovado sugar.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the mixture.
- When evenly mixed in, gradually add the flour, ground macadamia nuts and the coconut. Gently fold the mixture.
- Grease the cake tin with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and sprinkle with a little flour to help make it easier to remove the cake once baked. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and put in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Do not open the oven during this time.
- After 35 minutes, and because every oven is different, check that the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the centre. It should come out dry; if not, leave in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Finally, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water to serve with the cake. And ready to serve to Dad! Here’s hoping you have a very happy Father’s Day.